Friday, August 3, 2007

Random Friday

Perhaps this should be subtitled, "What Sue's Obsessed With Today." Or, "Pop-Culture Notes from The Culturally Illiterate."
  • Maroon 5. Caught the video for "Makes Me Wonder" while flipping around the TV last week... talk about an earworm. I went to their site later on and discovered this song, which is just as catchy. Okay, I agree, it's a trashy and incomprehensible video... close your eyes if you must. But, Adam Levine? Yum.


  • Mariska Hargitay. I've been watching SVU for years, but never realized how stunningly beautiful she is until a magazine cover caught my eye at the grocery store. I knew the face but couldn't figure out where from... I actually backtracked in the store to take another look at the magazine cover. I suppose when your mother is Jayne Mansfield, the genetic cards are stacked in your favour. She's my current ideal of feminine beauty... and I suppose the iron that she brings to the screen as Olivia Benson appeals to me, too.
On the crafting front. I bring you the long-promised picture of the dresser reno-to-be... admire with me how lovely the relatively matte brown looks against the sage bedroom. At least, so much better than the emerald green.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And lastly... Tammy, this one's for you. Thanks for the verbal kick on the butt! Sometimes, it's what a girl needs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Velda said...

The quilt I love.....the dresser is lovely....the videos, well that last one is a little raunchy for me lol, but the first one, he has quite the range in his voice. And get this, I've actually heard of them! (I hear you gasping at this country music lovin' gal!)