Monday, August 20, 2007

A Little Off The Rails

What a busy weekend it's been! Yes, I know it's Monday, but I'm still technically week-ending... I took an extra day off of work to properly greet my husband.
Saturday's activities can be found over on Velda's blog. We did a little fiber-arts store crawl. I picked up the backing and snap-strips for my duvet cover at the Quilter's Choice, and I indulged Velda's not-so-secret desire to become a knitter at Wool-Tyme, where a fabulous ball of purple variegated mohair and some needles happened to jump into my hands, then into hers.


We went for Thai soup afterwards, and I gave Velda her first knitting lesson. It didn't take very long for things to go a little off the rails. In retrospect, it's perfectly obvious that this is what happens when you give a life-long cross-stitcher a pair of knitting needles.


As DH is now back, the crafting has temporarily been put on hold while we get ourselves sorted out. However, I did finish the Monkeys. I love 'em. You think Mom would notice if I just kinda kept them?


2 comments:

Velda said...

Oh you're so kind in your entry ;) I'm really loving this scarf project and I can't thank you enuf for shoving me forward and especially for a wonderful visit :)

Those socks rock! Keep 'em...it will give you a great excuse to make yet another pair :)

Tammy said...

Love the socks, Susan. I would have a hard time parting with them myself.

I really wish I wasn't busy on Saturday I have loved the opportunity to have met you. Kudos to you for getting knitting needles in V's hands. This promises to be fun, I think for both of us.