Sunday, March 1, 2009

Knitting Goodness

Ordinarily, I'd wait until a project was done to blog it, but these are making me so happy right now!

S6301756

They... or rather, it (the twin glove has yet to be born) is the Nereid Fingerless Glove, based on Cookie A's Pomatomus sock pattern. The yarn is a scrumptious merino/baby alpaca blend called "Diamond Luxury" from Mary Maxim (!) that seems to be no-where on their site... a friend picked it up while on a stitchy crawl in Toronto from their outlet store. It's 50 grams of pure heaven... wonder why they don't sell it over the net?

4 comments:

Aline said...

I so can't wait for stuff to be finished to share with the blog. I so understand.
You've done so well with this one! I love-love-love that stitch.
sounds like that yarn was just for you!

Velda said...

It's so wonderful to see a ball of yarn turn into something so beautiful :) not that the ball wasn't beautiful all on it's own :) Gorgeous Susan.

kate said...

Totally you!! Exactly your style and looks like a perfect fit! Can't wait to see the two of them about together!

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

my mom tried to teach me both crochet and knitting.... i could not do either to save my soul.

but i was just checking out your stuff.. gorgeous :)