Monday, January 28, 2008

Representational Art

I indulged in a little abstract art this weekend. It's kinda weird, kinda wild, but I'm feeling brave and I'd like to share it with you.

S6300966
I call it "Beaver Pond Hockey Tournament 2008."

Like any good art, it has more than one aspect, thus more than one name. Here's another aspect for you to ponder.

S6300965

"Thank God I Had This Yarn 'Cause Otherwise I'd Have Had To Poke My Eyes Out With These Needles"

I think if you squint a bit and maybe sit outside on a cold board for 10 hours that you can really feel the angst in this piece.

S6300964

"This Is How Much I Love My Husband, That I'd Sit Here For A Whole Day To Watch Him Play".

I love this piece. There's love, drama, patience all within its amorphous form.

That being said, I don't think I would like to sit through another hockey tournament just to make its little buddy.

And I'd just like to add, now that I have this posted, I can see an error I made in the pattern. It's way too late to rip back, so it will just have to do. How sharp are your eyes?

1 comment:

Velda said...

lol I'll pass on the outside, hockey and cold board. Brave, brave woman! But they ARE gorgeous..so so gorgeous!