- U.G.L.Y. Totally without character brick buildings, half-finished.
- Sheep. Random herds of sheep in alleys. Goats, too; pegged beside apartment buildings.
- Traffic. HOLY CRAP. Scary. No-one died on the way to the hotel, and I am amazed.
- The pyramids at sunset. Sent a chill down my spine. Our hotel is practically on top of them; I don't know whether to be excited or cry at the encroachment of the new and cheap.
- SLOW Internet. Gotta run before I run out of time. More when I can!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
We Made It!
No sleep for well over 20 hours, bad airplane food and service, but hot damned! We're in Cairo. First thoughts: