Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blissful, Lazy Summer Days


I had a fabulous day today, with a wonderful breakfast outdoors, my fat cat lying in the cool (and admittedly too long) grass at my feet... there's granola and yogurt somewhere under those berries, I think! (the sprig of mint is from my own happy little herb garden.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I hung flower baskets around the yard on the fence... this is a powerful dose of petunia power for your Tuesday afternoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I trawled through a fabric store and a yarn store with my girlfriend Lisa yesterday and was struck by inspiration. These closet doors are completely unworkable... you can't access any more then a third of the closet at any time and they're ugly as sin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DH had the wonderful idea of removing the doors and hanging curtains... I love the idea and yesterday found this fabric (reposing elegantly on my cross-stitch stand... the most use it's seen in a long while):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can you picture it? Can you see what I see? Isn't it GLORIOUS??? :) I hope these turn out as well as the picture in my head, 'cause I love it so far. You can probably tell by these colours that I have indeed decided to go with the green accent wall. I think it will be a heck of a fun room, and I can't wait to hear what SD1 has to say about it!!!

I've also test-painted a drawer in the French Roast yummy yummy dark brown. Pics when the paint dries... I'm loving that, too.

My head is about to implode from all the projects I have going right now! Just in case you think I've already abandoned the quilting... the appliqué flowers are ready to go on!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Velda said...

mmmm berries....shall we have a grass cutting party today? I keep thinking my little children will get lost in my backyard sometime soon....we can barely see the cat, just a fluff of tail sticking up amongst the green spikes lol....that quilting is incredible, wayyyy too fiddly for me, I shall live vicariously thru you :)