Sunday, August 24, 2008

Both Sides Now

I set myself a deadline- I wanted to have the top of my niece's quilt done before Wayne and the girls got home today. They came home at a little after 4, and I had to delay greeting them for about five minutes, while I completed the last seam and trimmed the edges a bit. Here's both sides:

S6301438

The "A" side, made with super pretty Japanese motif fabric.

S6301439

The "B" side, with Northcott "Quest for the Cure" charm packs bought at the Stash and Dash Shop Hop in the spring.

S6301441

It's not a quilt until it has a Feline Stamp of Approval.

S6301444

Not to be bested by Kate's mastery of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket, I promptly cast on a pair of Cookie A's Hedera socks, done with magic loop, toe-up, two at a time- a new technique for me. Fiddly at first, but I have the hang of it now, and can see it being used a lot.

1 comment:

Velda said...

The quilt is gorgeous! I love the B side especially....cute kitty lol

Gosh at first I had flashbacks --- I thought you were knitting a bikini!!! (yes, my mother knit me one (maybe it was crochet) when I was about 10) See why I have gold phentex nightmares!?

Something on my blog for you - hey couldn't help it ;)