Monday, July 21, 2008

Even Knitting!

And to complete the triptych of posts regarding my mum and Grandma's visit to Ottawa, I present you with finished knitting. This was a challenge project... I gave mum choice of yarn when she first got here, and sent her home with a pair of socks at the end of her visit made from that yarn.

S6301379

I had my doubts that these would be done, and I had to stay up until the wee hours of the morning that last night to have them ready for her, but ready they were. She loved them... :)

And Grandma loved hers, too... though I hope she doesn't think them too fancy to wear for everyday use. I promised her I'd knit her as many as she could wear out.

3 comments:

Aline said...

What lovely photos! I have not been the Knit night in ages so I don't know if it is still there. sniff. And I will try to find that doily skirt on Ravelry for you. Let you know somehow.
hugs, Aline

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Talk about the pressure of a dealine. But you made it and the end results are beautiful.

Velda said...

So pretty. I love grandma's socks for sure!