Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In Sheep's Clothing

This one's for all my fellow fiberphiles.

This is a simply beautiful bride photo, no? Check out that dress.

article-1205007-05FC29BC000005DC-850_636x807

Wait a minute. Notice a certain resemblance between the dress and the bride's companion?

You're right. Glory of glory, a wedding dress made of fleece.

Click on the picture to admire other lovely photos of it (and her) and read the story behind her amazing gown and how her and her husband met. No matter what's wrong in your world, you'll feel a little better after you read it, I swear.

6 comments:

Velda said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is stunning, as is the waistcoat. Not so sure about the dining on lamb tho, *I* couldn't have eaten my pets (yes I know, as a breeder they are not pets) even tho I love lamb...just not ones I've petted...what a beautiful story, thanks for sharing..it made me smile :)

Nat said...

I love that this is such a personal statement about her life ...

That dress is lovely...

kate said...

Amazing - where do you find these wonderful stories!!! Fairy tale really!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

The Lincoln Longwool was the featured breed at this year's Rhinebeck. I saw a lot of this type of sheep along with fleece and Longwool yarn.

Anonymous said...

Except for the part where they ATE the sheep, it was a lovely story.

marja-leena said...

What a beautiful dress and waistcoat and wedding and love story, all! If I had another lifetime to do it all over again but a little differently....