- I made the Dean's List for last semester! Although I know full well how hard I worked, getting that letter in the mail brought tears to my eyes.
- I have income again. Huge relief.
- I'm booked into Ste. Anne's for three nights in August. After a little dithering I decided to splurge large. I can't wait!
- My husband and I went to Richmond Nursery and picked over 40 lbs (!) of strawberries. It's all berries, all the time now in the house... most went into the freezer but some were dehydrated and of course shortcake was consumed with copious amounts of real whipped cream.
- I worked like a dog the last couple of weeks to get the homework situation under control, and now can sit back (just a little!) and relax. However, midterms still continue... pardon my questioning, but doesn't "mid-term" imply that the tests should be... um... in the middle? And not continually throughout? Of course, exams are in a month, too.
- The garden is insanely fertile. The radishes have come and gone, I planted a second round of rapini, and we're eating sugar-snap peas to surfeit daily. The sweet peas are beginning to perfume the air at the front of the house.
Ever wonder what 40 lbs of strawberries looks like?
What else has to happen after you pick that many berries?
There was baking last weekend... cinnamon rolls with pecans and cranberries. Ooooh yum.
The cat gets everywhere...
...including, on occasion, stuck between the screen and the glass patio door.
Ummm... help? Anybody?