Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dress Up

If you know me well at all, you'll know that I have a thing with clothes. I have a saying, "Every day is a dress-up day" and I live by it. I am notoriously over-dressed for every occasion, rarely ever in pants, and never wear the same outfit twice in a month. My closet is enormous, a walk-in of epic proportion; big enough to be a bedroom in a smaller house. The size of that closet was a major selling point of this home.

I don't actually spend a lot of money annually on clothes, though; perhaps $300 a year on average. That's because I indulge my guilty pleasure through frequent crawls in Value Village. Two or three times a year I go, spend perhaps $80 or $100 and walk away with several new outfits and separates. I love second-hand clothing; it's cheap and you never really know what you'll come away with.

My big find this time was a spectacular dress. It reminds me of something Audrey Hepburn might wear in Breakfast at Tiffany's, or a little bit of Jackie O... check this out.

S6302394

S6302392

S6302393

There's not a single crystal missing on the collar and sleeve edging, it fits like a glove and was painstakingly made by hand by someone. All I need are long royal blue gloves and a little hat to perfect this dress... and an invitation to high tea somewhere for the opportunity to wear it. :)

All that for $14. Can't beat that!

5 comments:

LPack said...

Who's the gorgeous girl with the tiny head? No, wait - who's the gorgeous girl with the tiny feet?

GREAT dress!

Velda said...

If I could whistle I would ;) Stunning!

Aline said...

very retro, my favorite shape of dress too and so nice to *see* you again!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That is a fantastic dress.
I am notoriously overdressed most days too! My friends freak out if I show up in pants!

kate said...

Yup - it is definitely, definitley you - I can totally see why it had to, just had to come home with you! absolutley devine!