Monday, August 3, 2009

Gloves and Gardens (and socks, too)

DH and I have been watching Tin Man over the last couple of days, so I've snuck in some quality knitting time and actually finished two projects.

S6301973

S6301974

These wretchedly colourful socks are made from the Harlot's basic sock recipe, out of some funky Opal yarn that a girlfriend brought back as a souvenir from Europe for me.

S6301975

These are Nereid fingerless gloves, round two, for Momma Linda. They're made from Estelle Arequipa that was left over from my Whisper Cardi. If you think the colour balance in this photo is a little wonky because my skin looks orange, you're not wrong... I henna'd my hair again a couple of days ago without gloves, and my hands look like I lost a fight in a carrot factory.

Some glorious shots of my garden, sans knitwear. Hope your long weekend is going swimmingly!

S6301960

S6301964

S6301966

S6301971

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

The garden and socks look amazing.

Don't you adore Sweet Peas?

kate said...

Gloves gorgeous! Socks - I knew you were hiding something - you've been bitten by the sock bug !! Very cute!